Terahertz Spectroscopic System TAS7400
Low-cost, multi-purpose terahertz spectroscopic system to meet diverse applications
The TAS7400 product line offers a series of low-cost, all-purpose spectroscopic systems that enable spectroscopic measurements using terahertz (THz) waves. The tools are capable of performing non-destructive analysis on a wide variety of sample types, making it applicable to a broad range of fields from life sciences to electronics, where precise chemical and material characterization is critical. The systems are ideal for settings ranging from basic research to product development, as well as for manufacturing and quality control, and employ easy-to-use spectroscopic methods that do not require specialized knowledge of THz wave generation or optics.
- Low-cost, all-purpose THz spectroscopic system offers superior spectroscopic performance
- Compact desktop form factor
- THz spectroscopic analysis in a range of frequencies (0.03–7 THz)
- Transmission, reflectance, ATR (Attenuated Total Reflection), and transmission polarization measurement modes support spectroscopic analysis of a wide variety of materials
- Dry air filter unit attached, so that measurements will be unaffected by water vapor absorption
- A full range of holders and cells to handle aqueous solutions, powders, and other types of samples
Product Lineup and Applicable Fields
|Field ／ Product|
|Basic science ||○||○||○||○|
|Pharmaceutical||Pill, solid medicine, |
active pharmaceutical ingredient
Measurement Accessory Supporting a Wide Range of Spectroscopy Needs
Thermal Control Accessory (Option for Transmission Accessory)
- This accessory enables analysis of very high / very low temperature samples using the transmission accessory.
- Two models are available, with operating ranges of -10 to +80°C (TAS1020) and room temperature to +300°C (TAS1030).
- Dry air purge function prevents condensation at low temperatures.
Basic Configuration of the TAS7400 Series
Advantest’s proprietary sampling technique—an electronically controlled sweep method—delivers higher throughput than any previous system.
Highly stable measurement reproducibility
Advantest’s proprietary low-jitter optical fiber laser technology and independently developed analog signal analysis technology enables highly stable reproduction of refractive index (phase) measure-ments to within ±0.03 % (typ.).
Wideband THz spectroscopic analysis
The TAS7400SP, along with two specialized spectroscopic analysis systems—the TAS7400SL and the TAS7400SU—provide bandwidth coverage required to serve a broad array of applications.